I know you seen the great amount of blogger showing off their pictures, reviews, giveaways and more and always wondered how to get started. Super simple, but time-consuming for sure. This is NOT a job to get FREE things for sure, I mean its great to get free stuff from companies, but there is so much more behind it, then you think.
First you need to do is:
- Set up an email, using your blog name through gmail, yahoo, outlook, live or more!
- Set up a blog, either through blogspot or WordPress, although I suggest WordPress if your going to grow with it.
- Blogger is free, to get blogspot to remove from the URL its $10 a year, or buy WP for a bit more ( you do need a host/domain)
- Pick a name, set it up, get all the social networks, FB, Twitter, G+, Instagram, YouTube, and so on.
- Once your all set up from above, get a template, pick a theme, set it up and you’re done. All above is the longest dreadful part of it all.
- Then pick a niche on what you want, Beauty, Household, Multi, Mommy, Baby, and so on. Remember if you stay one Niche you’re likely to get the items only based in that area, if you do multi you get everything!
- Then do some reviews of products you bought from home so companies can see what you’re like!
- Then start pitching (below will give you pitching techniques), ask for certain product, or just pitch and see what they have to offer!
- Remember always ask the companies for a giveaway, HAVE THEM SHIP, this will help your followers go up, for getting better items later on in the future!
- This is pretty much the basics on how to get start blogging. This will take about a whole day with blogger, or 24-48 hours with WP depending your route!
- Pitching is the hard part for a lot of reason, you want to stand out from other bloggers, and you want the company to see why they choose you!!
- Make a small paragraph for the first part small portion about you, your blog, your stats (or if low) about how it would benefit the company
- Then in bullets, numbers, or paragraph state your rules, No sample sized items, company ships, link to your media kit, what you have to offer
- Then at the bottom say sincerely, your name, blog name, email & address ( believe me this comes in handy)
- Remember to keep short, simple, easy to read, and you DON’T want to bore them Huge NONO..
- If you’re an East side person pitching during day has known to be best, if your West, Night time, or super early morning before 11AM has been best. Of course you can do anytime but from what I seen and heard that seems to work best. Of course you can pitch high amounts or low amounts.
- I also surf other blogs, google, press release sites to bookmark in a folder for contacting Monday night when I get ahead or bored.
- Here you will place the full about you, husband/boyfriend/single kids and pets of course based on your lifestyle
- Then what style blogger you are
- Your stats, FB. TW, Instagram, YouTube, Alexa, Bounce Rate, or get an idea Here
- Paste screen shots from Google analytic, your host stats for companies to use!
- Your Review, Giveaway, Holiday Guide, Sponsor, Advertising rules you offer
- Lastly don’t forget to place your email at the top and bottom!
- I can make you a fancy Media Kit for $25 with everything you need, and I will update it for you for free up to 5 times.
Making the Reviews and Giveaways
- There is so many forms of reviews in the world today, that you can pretty much do anyway you like. Remember to make all LINKS no follow for Google’s terms.
- Always add disclosure at the top or bottom that follows FTC rules. Google says Top if YOU use paid links in the post!
- Then for review, you can do as you please always add in the reviews, pictures, your honest thought, and something about the company.. You always need to follow the: Who, What, Where, When, Why, Formula, how it worked, smelled, price, about the product(s), and you get the idea.
- Place links to company always, you can add other links but keep it below 4.
- If the company offers a giveaway, add the code from rafflecopter, giveaway tools, punch tab, whichever one you choose, all free, or pay for better options.
- Always put companies, FB and TW. You can add a comment for more readers, your social networks for more followers as well!
- Code goes at the bottom of the review of course, above the disclosure always if used at the bottom.
- Then when your review and or giveaway is done and posted share on all social networks and companies and link it to the email for company to have!
These 4 steps will have you well on your way to learn how to blog, pitch review and so on!! Now you’re well on your way and you to can start blogging. REMEMBER the key points this is NOT just for free stuff, lots of work involved, and ALWAYS keep the company posted on the reviews, don’t ruin it for the hard-working folks that make a living off this. If you keep at it, in a year or two you will be getting great products to review!!