The Himalayan Salt Shop was founded in 2005 by Ernest Gaglione in the basement of a two family house in Bloomfield, NJ. Originally, Ernest had to lug his heavy inventory up and down steep basement stairs as he personally shipped each customer’s order. As his company grew through hard work and perseverance, Ernest reached the point where he could afford a small office space in Parsippany, NJ. Ernest continued to expand by employing a fulfillment center to help with the shipping of orders.
What is a Salt Lamp?
- These salt lamps are made of natural Himalayan crystal salt mined from underground salt mines in the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains
- The beautiful orange-reddish Himalayan crystal salt is mounted on a wooden base
- This crystal salt is hundreds of millions of years old and, as a result, has special properties and high mineral content
- Heat from the bulb (in our salt lamps) or flame (in our candle holders) causes the salt to emit negative ions
- These negative ions bond with the pollutants in the air (positive ions) and neutralize them
- Also, the newly bonded ions become heavier and fall to the ground removing them from the air circulation
- In addition, these negative ions combat electro-smog caused by electronic devices operating in the home
- Symptoms from asthma, allergies, and other illnesses can also subside from the effects of these products
- Concisely, these products cleanse the air naturally and are extremely beautiful
This salt lampis perfect for your medium to large bedroom. It is our best seller. Many of our customers choose this 9-11 lb. salt lamp, as it is in the middle of our size range. It is reasonably priced and emits a good amount of ions. This lamp is rated for a medium to large bedroom. It is always better to go a little bigger when you are unsure of room size, as you can never over-ionize, but you can under-ionize. Also, multiple lamps in one room is also a good idea, as the cumulative total of salt in the room dictates the protection coverage. In fact, an additional lamp in a room serves another source of ionization which spreads the ions more evenly throughout the air.
I was very excited to get mine finally! I was like woaw this thing is heavy for salt. Then I read what its actually suppose to do! We are remolding our upstairs and have tons of dust floating the air. We’ve been getting Drywall, paint and carpet put in, and it can sure do a number on the air. I sure have notice a difference when I walk up my stairs. I have it sitting on the banister of the stairs, angled in the den and passage way upstairs. Every time I walk upstairs by it, the air is so fresh and clean it sure is nice! The best part no FILTERS. Now that is money saving there! Plus its pretty and not taking up half the corner of the room. It also serves great as a night light. Since we took all the lighting down everywhere upstairs, this and the kitchen light being our only source it sure lights the steps up alot. Great night light tool! These salt lamps are really neat and every house should have one or two. They sure do make a noticeable ionized air difference! They have loads of all kinds on their website to choose from. They also have great CS!