Established in 2007, Rondyo screams technical, professional, parenting – not in any particular order. Founded by a group of people with backgrounds deep in technology & security, Rondyo came about as they all grew up, grew older, looked at their kids and decided they too wanted to hold onto their childhood and have some fun again! This dynamic, innovative group brings together technical expertise, business savvy and a deep seeded belief that people should always keep having fun. But there is a serious side to it as well; after hours of research, examination, long discussions with children and much thought, they realized that today’s kids, a computer generated generation, are so used to communicating from behind a keyboard and saying things like BTW, LOL and drawing strange faces like this 🙂 that it seems some have gotten a little detached from the real world. Taking entertainment outside the computer box, Rondyo has developed what they believe will be the first of a line of products. Using movement, emotion and talk back, Chatman helps to show kids that what they say or type online is heard on the other side and has an effect. It’s the first ‘virtual-physical’ experience used by real people, and with an aim to develop the emotional intelligence of children; came to life. Check out Who is Chatmanabout!
- Chatman moves eyes, ears, and hands as well as talks using a built-in
- speakerphone and a unique LED mouth sync.
- Chatman understands and expresses emotions like a real friend.
- Kids can chat with Chatman directly — he answers questions and initiates
- Chatman listens to and participates in chats with friends on Facebook,
- Skype, and MSN Messenger.
- With over 2,000 stored phrases, Chatman knows English and recognizes more
- than 15,000 words.
- Teach Chatman – Easily teach him words or create new chitchat actions.
- Have fun with Chatman – Access over 1,000 games, cool videos and more.
- Helps with homework – Ask him a question or browse for the answer.
- Chatman makes finding information online fun and easy.
- Reminders – Keep birthdays, parties, tests, etc. organized to alert children of
- these important dates.
- Download new chitchats and software features from www.mychatman.com.
- Chatman is safe:
- o Not a stand-alone chat platform so there’s NO STRANGER DANGER.
- o Alerts when inappropriate chat is exchanged on social networks.
- o Alerts when inappropriate web searches are attempted.
I have to admit this is one of the coolest toys I have ever seen in a long time. Its so cool. My 2 year old gets a kick out of it. It moves, dances, talks, you can program words to say, helps with homework, and most of all it says Good morning and Good evening. Its pretty easy to setup, plug the USB in and let it update the drivers, then put the CD in and then let it download. Then it will start up and have you do prompt commands as it downloads. Then you register it, and you get a month for free, then you pay. Though this guy helps kids do their homework and makes homework very fun! I just love his dance moves. My favorite part its not run’d on batteries. Its most worth the money and kids love it and very interacting with kids and parents! Oh and he has a calender so he can keep you up to do on parties and appointments and keeps it fun!
Disclosure: I received product(s) for free in exchange for an honest review, which may differ from yours. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I used personally, and believe will be good for my readers. Tiffany’s Reviews is not responsible for shipment of prize, and can take up to 8 weeks to arrive. Winner will be announced, emailed, then has 24 hours to claim, or new winner is picked.