The Canon EOS Rebel T2i Digital SLR Kit w/ EF-S/18-55 IS incorporates a number of advanced pro-DSLR features in a compact and very affordable camera body. Driven by a DIGIC 4 image processor, the T2i contains a high-resolution 18.0 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor, and can capture JPEGs, RAW (14-bit, Canon original), or RAW+JPEG stills at burst-rates of up to 3.7 frames-per-second. The EOS Rebel T2i can also capture full 1080p HD video with monaural sound, or stereo sound when using (optional) 3.5mm external microphones. In addition to the camera’s bright eye-level optical reflex viewfinder, the Rebel T2i also features Advanced Live View (with a dedicated Live view/Movie button) for composing and editing your stills and video using the T2i’s 3.0″ Clear View LCD, which contains a whopping 1.04 million dots of resolving power.
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) Sensor and DIGIC 4 Image Processor Offer High Image Quality and Speed
- The EOS Rebel T2i has an 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (complementary metal oxide semiconductor) sensor that captures images with exceptional clarity and tonal range and offers more than enough resolution for big enlargements or crops. This first-class sensor features many of the same new technologies used by professional Canon cameras to maximize each pixel’s light-gathering efficiency. Its APS-C size sensor creates an effective 1.6x field of view (compared to 35mm format).The Canon DIGIC 4 Image Processor dramatically speeds up the entire EOS Rebel T2i’s camera operations for intuitive operation and offers improvements in both fine detail and natural color reproduction. It works in concert with the EOS Rebel T2i’s CMOS Image Sensor to achieve phenomenal levels of performance in nearly any situation.
- ISO 100-6400 (Expandable to 12800) For Shooting From Bright to Dim Light
- The EOS Rebel T2i features an expanded ISO range that makes shooting possible in situations previously unthinkable without flash. With an ISO rating up to 6400 (expandable to ISO 12800), along with the DIGIC 4 Image Processor’s improved noise-reduction technology, creative possibilities abound. Combine the EOS Rebel T2i with one of Canon’s EF or EF-S lenses with Optical Image Stabilizer and the shooting possibilities for both movies and stills expand even further.
- EOS Movie Mode Has Manual Exposure, Expanded Recording Modes, and Improved Sound Quality.
- Designed for the evolving, tech-savvy user, the EOS Rebel T2i features HD Video capture technologies – manual exposure control for more creative control, for example – borrowed directly from professional Canon SLRs to capture stellar video with all the benefits of shooting with an SLR. By shooting video with the EOS Rebel T2i, photographers as well as filmmakers can take advantage of the creative features native to SLR cameras.Along with its manual controls, the EOS Rebel T2i allows for full use of Canon EF and EF-S lenses, including Macro and Fisheye, providing a plethora of shooting options once reserved only for still photography. The resulting HD video is a standout in its beautiful depth-of-field characteristics and remarkable capture capability under poor lighting conditions. In a first for EOS cameras, a Movie Crop function is included; An SD-quality movie (640 x 480) can be cropped to the equivalent of about 7x magnification of regular shooting. Video can be captured at a number of resolutions and frame rates for numerous applications. It can capture 1920 x 1080 Full HD video at frame rates of 24 (23.976), 25 or 30 (29.97) frames per second, for up to 4GB per clip. Movies are saved as MOV files and can be viewed in Full HD through the EOS Rebel T2i’s HDMI output. Other recording sizes include HD at 1280 x 720 (50/60 (59.94) fps) or SD/VGA at 640 x 480 (50/60 (59.94) fps). The EOS Rebel T2i has a built-in microphone for simple mono recording and stereo sound can be recorded through a self-powered external microphone.
- Enhanced 63-Zone, Dual-Layer Metering System and 9-point AF System
- The EOS Rebel T2i features Canon’s newest dual-layer sensor, with 63-zones. By measuring not only the amount of light, but also taking into account color and luminosity, this new system delivers a very high level of accuracy for better results every time. Since the metering sensor has a color measurement function, exposure errors and focus errors caused by different light sources are minimized. Thus, the EOS Rebel T2i gives stable exposure from shot to shot in situations where light changes, such as sports on a cloudy day, or indoor holiday scenes.Additionally, the EOS Rebel T2i has a high-precision, 9-point AF system utilizing a high precision, f/2.8 cross-type center point. The 9-point AF system uses both normal and high-precision focus depending on the aperture and available light. The 9 focus points can be chosen automatically or manually selected.
- Wide 3.0-inch (3:2 Aspect Ratio) Clear View LCD Monitor (1.04 Million Dots) for Improved Viewing.
- The EOS Rebel T2i has a high-resolution 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor that features 1.04 million dots/VGA for spectacular detail. It also has the same aspect ratio (3:2) as the camera’s sensor, making for clear and easy Live View composition. An anti-reflective and water-repellant coating provides a clearer and more smudge-resistant surface and screen brightness can be adjusted in 7 steps in accordance with ambient light.
- Quick Control Screen Button for Easy Access to Frequently Used Settings.
- The EOS Rebel T2i’s refined button layout includes a dedicated button that directs the camera immediately to the Quick Control screen, where it’s simple to navigate among any number of settings, including ISO, Exposure and Flash Exposure compensation, drive mode, white balance, image quality and much, much more.
- Compatibility With SDXC Memory Cards, Plus Menu Status Indicator for Eye-Fi* Support
- The EOS Rebel T2i is compatible with both SDXC memory cards for greater storage capacity and with Eye-Fi SD cards, which are outfitted with a Wi-Fi transmitter (IEEE 802.11b/g) and internal antenna for wireless, high speed transfer of images. With an Eye-Fi card installed, the EOS Rebel T2i can display the Eye-Fi’s connection status and error notes with ease, for fully functional wireless uploading of images directly from the camera. *Canon cameras are not guaranteed to support Eye-Fi card functions, including wireless transfer. In case of an issue with the Eye-Fi card, please consult with the card manufacturer. The use of Eye-Fi cards may not be available outside the United States and Canada, please contact the card manufacturer for territory availability.
- 18.0 MP CMOS (APS-C) Sensor
- Full HD 1080p Video
- Advanced Live View
- 3.0″ 1.04 Million Dot Clear View LCD
- Up to 3.7 fps RAW, JPEG, or RAW+JPEG
- ISO 100-6400, Expandable to 12800
- 63-Zone Metering / 9-Point AF system
- Compatible with SD, SDHC, and SDXC
- Eye-Fi Menu Status Indicator Support
- EF-S 18-55mm IS Zoom Lens (KIT only)
|Sensor||High-sensitivity, high-resolution, large single-plate CMOS sensor, 22.3mm x 14.9mm (APS-C size)|
|Bit Depth||Not specified by manufacturer|
|File Formats||Still: JPEG, RAW (14-bit, Canon original), RAW+JPEG Video: MOV (Image data: H.264, Audio: Linear PCM)|
|File Size||(1) Large/Fine: Approx. 6.4MB (5184 x 3456 pixels) (2) Large/Normal: Approx. 3.2MB (5184 x 3456 pixels) (3) Medium/Fine: Approx. 3.4MB (3456 x 2304 pixels) (4) Medium/Normal: Approx. 1.7MB (3456 x 2304 pixels) (5) Small/Fine: Approx. 2.2MB (2592 x 1728 pixels) (6) Small/Normal: Approx. 1.1MB (2592 x 1728 pixels) (7) RAW: Approx. 24.5MB (5184 x 3456 pixels) Exact file sizes depend on the subject, ISO speed, Picture Style, etc.|
|Color Spaces||sRGB, Adobe RGB selectable|
|Creative Color Modes||Not specified by manufacturer|
|Image Stabilization||Optical Image Stabilizer in lens|
|Built-in Flash||Retractable, auto pop-up flash|
|Effective Flash Range||Not specified by manufacturer|
|External Flash Connection||Hot shoe|
|Dedicated Flash System||Not specified by manufacturer|
|Max Sync Speed||Not specified by manufacturer|
|Memory Card Type||SD memory card, SDHC memory card, SDXC Memory Card|
|Still Images per GB||40 to 909, depending on resolution|
|Viewfinder Type||Eye-level SLR (with pentamirror)|
|Viewfinder Coverage||Vertical/Horizontal approx. 95%|
|Display||3″ LCD monitor|
|Weatherproofing||Not specified by manufacturer|
|Durability||Not specified by manufacturer|
|Battery Type||One Battery Pack LP-E8|
|Power Adapter||AC power can be supplied via optional AC Adapter Kit ACK-E8 With optional Battery Grip BG-E8, AA-size batteries can be used|
|Dimensions||5.1 x 3.8 x 3″ (128.8 x 97.5 x 75.3mm)|
|Weight||Approx. 18.7 oz./530g (CIPA standard, includes battery)|
I got this camera as a present Christmas 2010 as a upgrade from my fijufilm S2000HD. I am a photographer as Lucky Me Photography and my Facebook Like page is Lucky Me Photography! I have been taking pictures pro for like 3 years now. Been using the camera for 12 years of my life. I was so thrilled to upgrade from a DSLR non removal lens, to one I can remove! I love taking macro mode pictures, so I also invested in the 70-300 Macro lens. I was always in love with canon models. Especially Rebel versions as alot of my friends used rebel versions! I searched for a few months before deciding on which camera was the best! As I am a photographer and my husband who is in a band The Unfortunates and plays in buildings with low lighting, and this camera is made for those low lighting experiences and draws out and captures it as its the middle of the day! I got a few people to get this camera as well, as they were in the look too! This camera rocks. It captures whats important and blurrs the rest out, like a real camera should! It also has HDMI hook up and a MIC hookup which is a plus in our books! I had a previous SLR before, so when I got this one, I new somewhat what to expect! I love this one over the fujifilm, what was I thinking back in 2008 lol. I got a huge kit with mine. came with extra battery which is awesome if you are a photographer, cleaning kit, body protective case, which is a pain to put on. I love the sensor tabs that figure when your looking through the eye view. Then when your not looking through it, goes back to your screen option settings! The settings are super easy and easy to read as well. So all in all this camera is the best 1,000 investment ever! You can also find this camera’s facebook page!
Additional image enhancing tools include Auto Lighting Optimizer and Highlight Tone, which further improve detail in the highlight, mid-tone, and shadow areas in both stills and videos. As you’d expect there’s also a 3-point Dust Deletion System and the option of shooting in either sRGB or Adobe RGB. Videophiles will appreciate the Rebel T2i’s Improved EOS Movie mode that allows for full manual exposure control, expanded recording 1920 x 1080 (Full HD), 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 1280 x 720 (HD), 60p (59.94) / 50p, 640 x 480 (SD), 60p (59.94) / 50p), Movie Crop recording in 640 x 480, and an external microphone IN terminal for improved sound quality. An enhanced 63-zone dual-layer metering system and a 9-point AF system featuring a precision f/2.8 cross-type center point enable rapid focusing and accurate exposures. For low-light shooting, the Rebel T2i features an ISO range of 100-6400, which can be expanded to an equivalent of 12800 when necessary, and there’s a Quick Control Screen that enables easy access to frequently used settings. The Canon EOS Rebel T2i records imagery onto a choice of SD memory card, SDHC memory card, or SDXC Memory Cards and powers off an LP-E8 lithium-ion battery, which is good for up to 550 still exposures or 1 hour and 40 minutes of video recording. The EOS Rebel T2i is compatible with all Canon EF and EF-S optics. For CAEDRT2IK only – The Canon Rebel T2i kit comes with an image stabilized Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS zoom lens, which has an equivalent focal range of a 28.8 – 88mm lens on a full-frame (24x36mm) 35mm camera.
Disclosure: I received product(s) for free, in exchange for an honest review, which may differ from yours. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I used personally, and believe will be good fit for consumers.